VideoVangelist might sound like some kind of online evangelical preacher, but it's actually a very useful and easy to use audio and video converter for Mac.
VideoVangelist allows you to convert video to video, video to audio and audio to audio. It's useful for a wide variety of conversion tasks including the ability to rip VIDEO_TS folders on DVDs or on disk and convert to a selected format much faster than most programs. This could be useful if you wanted to edit a DVD in iMovie as you could simply convert the footage to DV and import it.
Alternatively, it could be useful for anyone that wants to download and convert YouTube videos to the format of their choice such as iPod or iPhone, MP4, AVI, Flash, MPEG and WMV video formats. It's also no slouch with audio as it allows you to convert any video or audio file to MP3, AAC, WAV or AIFF. Unlike some easy to use converters, it also gives you maximum control over frame rate, bit rate, volume level, mono or stereo sound, NTSC or PAL format etc. If you want to post the results to the web, it can even create Flash embed code for easy pasting into HTML documents and iWeb Widgets.
Video Vangelist doesn't really do anything that you can't get for free in MPEG Streamclip but it does it a whole lot more easily, and it's also pretty darn quick.
- Now completely free to use
- Fixes some issues with duplicate items for the Apple Device presets, PSP and XBOX 360
- Fixes some issues with stitching files when downloading them from web sources or YouTube.
- Rewrote secondary "Force correct source file" engine to help with converting files which my have trouble being processed by the primary engine. This new engine relies on the codecs installed in /Library/QuickTime. Use of Perian and Flip4Mac is recommended. This may eliminate the need to install the additional codecs packages. Removed the automatic checking for codecs package to make it completely optional. You will still need to install the additional codecs for RealMedia support.
- Fixes an issue where a download of a large video or audio file would fail and as a result the conversion would fail.
- Fixes YouTube downloading functionality as YouTube.com has changed the way they generate their pages. By default VideoVangelist will download the highest quality YouTube video available and convert it to the desired format.
- Fixes an issue with DVD ripping where parsing of progress would cause an error.
- Minor tweaks and changes.